The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for resolving challenging, potentially high impacting customer situations with a high level of tact and understanding. The Customer Support Engineer will also take ownership of the technical support relationship to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and resolving technical issues for our customers both onsite, online and via telephone, instant messenger.
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, email and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated
- Work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimum supervision to support deployment, integration and maintenance of Trend software products within clients’ networking environments
- Will provide first call case resolution, networking and endpoint product troubleshooting and proactive support services
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues directly related to the use, support, and implementation of TXOne networking and endpoint products and solutions
- Effectively interact with the Product Management and R&D team teams to provide solutions to complex technical issues
- Share best practices with other Customer Support Engineers to enhance the quality and efficiency of support
This specific role is to improve customer experience of using TXOne products by providing outstanding technical support services. Successful candidate will demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, evidenced by their ability to expand upon core knowledge quickly. They should be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
This is a customer-facing role therefore they will work to solve product, system and network problems of low to high complexity and act as a focal point for problem resolution.
As the Customer Support Engineer, they must be able to effectively setup and configure complex lab environments to replicate and resolve customer reported issues.
Demonstrated proficiency with several of the following:
- Security (including anti-malware) tools, technologies and processes
- Strong networking domain knowledge and network security experiences
- Network troubleshooting, including defect analysis and feedback
- Strong knowledge of Windows platform and experience of Windows administration/troubleshooting
- Experience with virtualization environments (HyperV, VMware, KVM) is a plus
Experience and Personality Required:
- A minimum of 5+ years of networking product related experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of MS Windows administration and troubleshooting experience
- Familiar with TCP/IP, Network Protocols and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of OT protocols is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and ability to work through complex problems and isolate core issues, combined with superb troubleshooting logic
- Knowledge of networking and endpoint security principles and types of solutions
- Knowledge of OT operations and processes is a plus
- Able to debug problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, attention to detail.