The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) regulations create a crucial but complex system of hurdles for stakeholders in electrical utilities. Detailed records must be kept over a long period of time, and the bar is set high for cybersecurity detection and response. This creates a need for tools to streamline the process and reduce workload on cybersecurity engineers. Trend Micro Portable Security 3 (TMPS3) provides malware scanning and removal to standalone and air-gapped assets, allowing electric utilities to safeguard their bulk electric system (BES) from cyber threat while easily maintaining inventories, audits, and detailed logs.
This report from TXOne Networks addresses how TMPS3 streamlines compliance procedures for the following regulations:
- CIP-002: BES Cyber System Categorization
- CIP-003: Security Management Controls
- CIP-007: Systems Security Management
- CIP-008: Incident Reporting and Response Planning
- CIP-010: Configuration Change Management and Vulnerability Assessments